Saturday, April 22, 2006

Some claying

It has been a while since I last clayed, but today I had an enormously pleasing session with clay, music and hands.

I have a business trip coming in few days and did buy a salsa skirt with brown fabric and blueish-turqoise flowers in it. Not my thing, definately, but something decent enough to be used as formal dailyware. Did some beads from Fimo to make me a necklace for it. The colours are very IN FACION here now, but I am bit hesitant to use them just because I am more black and some gray kind of woman myself. But I am trying to learn. As one can not really stick to one or two colours - although I might think violet is good enough to be counted as new black ;)

The other beads are what I would call "therapy beads" as anything made from this kind of beads is ment to be handled while thinking about life, universe and everything. Also the making - the actual process of claying - was a lot like meditation. I used Premo, which nowadays is my favorite clay even though it is not sold in Finland and I have to mailorder from USA to get it here. I only use black, white, translucent, gold, metallic blue and metallic red and occationally silver Premo to make stuff. I mix shades from those or with other clays to get the tints I want. This time the green comes from gold Premo and uggly strong blue from Fimo. Together they are pretty decent green I think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

I can see you are being highly affected by the hairpin lace in your beads. Some look like fiber/threads! You are always good with color.
I like them!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home